Obagi Nu Derm Skin Care System
- Clearing brown marks and sallow skin
- Improving fine lines and wrinkles
- Clearing melasma
- Smoothing moderate lines
- Stabilizing rosacea and acne
- Mild to moderately sun-damaged skin
Additional Obagi Blue Peel treatment is needed if:
- This is pigmentation in the dermis
- Skin laxity
- Marked skin irregularities
- Stretch marks
- Acne scarring
How long does it take to work?
- 8-12 weeks: pigmentation clears, rosacea or acne is controlled
- 9-12 months, improvement in fine to moderate lines, acne scarring and stretch marks.
- 4 years: continued use leads to further improvement
Deterioration begins to be seen after 6-12 months if treatment is stopped
What is it?
It is a skin care regime devised by Dr Zein Obagi to enhance the penetration of two presciption-only medicated creams; tretinoin and hydroquinone, into the correct layer of the skin where they can act most effectively.
What are the medicines?
Tretinoin: this medicine is the active intra-cellular form of vitamin A which engages receptors on the cell's nucleus and stimulates the cell to use its own processes to heal itself.
Hydroquinone: This is the most effective pigment stabilising medicine so far discovered.
Why can't I use my own skin care regime with these medicines?
Because they will interfere with the penetration of tretinoin and hydroquinone.
Can I use make-up?
Yes, you can apply make-up over the products.
What are the side-effects?
Your skin will get a little red and flaky from time to time. The regime will be tailored to your individual skin to maximise the benefits while minimising the side-effects.
Why not use over-the-counter products instead?
Compared with the obvious improvements possible with Obagi Nu-Derm, over the counter products just do not work.